Re:Build Manufacturing is an ambitious startup on a mission to revive US manufacturing. To realize this vision, Head of Talent Bill Chouinard has implemented an innovative recruiting strategy.
Here are the key takeaways:
- Re:Build has acquired traditional manufacturers and engineering firms, now working to provide "brain to box" advanced manufacturing solutions.
- With a new 175,000 square foot smart factory underway, Bill needs to hire 300 workers in the next 30 months.
- His talent team utilizes a "4-8-3" methodology focused on an efficient, high-quality candidate experience: 4 candidate touches, 8 hours maximum of a candidate's time, and a 3 week hiring cycle
- 80% of recruiting is direct sourcing as Rebuild sells its vision to qualified, passive candidates. Niche roles require this targeted outbound effort.
- Hiring manager satisfaction comes first. By keeping customers happy, key metrics tend to fall into place.
- Specialized recruiting platforms like FactoryFix have driven major improvements in candidate quality and satisfaction where generalist sites fall short.
Bill's emphasis on customer service, targeted prospecting, and leveraging purpose-built technology shows the level of innovation needed to achieve Rebuild's ambitious goals. His recruiting revolution serves to revive domestic manufacturing one hire at a time!
Make sure to watch the full webinar to get actionable strategies for your recruiting in 2024!